Welcome future engineers! I am excited about the upcoming school year. In this class you will be introduced to many topics.
We are going to learn a little about a lot of things and make some cool stuff.
Along the way there will be lot of fun engineering challenges in which teams of students will work together to solve problems or accomplish tasks.
Topics include introduction to:
- intro renewable energy (solar, wind, hyrdo, geothermal, etc.)
- intro analog circuits (series vs parallel, Ohm's law)
- intro digital circuits (logic gates, Boolean algebra)
- intro computer architecture and hardware
- intro computer programming (python)
- intro CAD/CAM (computer aided design/manufacturing)
- intro 3-D printing
- intro hydraulic and pneumatic systems
- intro simple machines (levers, inclined planes, pulleys, gears, etc)
- intro architecture and bridge designs
- intro materials and their properties