Click HERE for Morongo Unified School District CORONAVIRUS Updates and Links to:

MUSD Digital Tools and Google Classroom:

Enrollment Requirements

Enrollment Requirements

Welcome to Twentynine Palms High School

When enrolling at our school, you must provide the following documents:

  • Birth Certificate
  • Social Security Card
  • Immunization Record
  • Transcript of grades from previous school or last report card(s)
  • Parent ID
  • Special Education Information (current IEP, placement papers, etc.) This is important for placement in the appropriate program and classes.

Your student MUST be withdrawn from their previous school before they can be enrolled with us. Please call the previous school if a checkout procedure was not done. It is the responsibility of the parent/guardian to do the withdrawal and provide us with the required paperwork needed to enroll the student.

Please inform us when making your appointment if your student is receiving any special education services. Special education uses their own counselors for enrollment.

Please complete all attached enrollment forms, you do not need to write the immunization dates on the blue sheet or the white half sheet. The enrollment packet contains the following forms for completion:


Information used to place permanent records in our computer. This is a two-sided form, please complete both sides. List each parent/guardian name separately in the areas provided. If any child custody arrangements are in effect, we must have legal documentation on file. Expulsion from school means a hearing was held, the student was removed from the school, and a meeting with the superintendent must be held before a student may return to school. Suspension requires being sent home for usually 1 to 5 days, often for a first offense or minor infraction – no hearing required to return. It is very important to provide us with Special Education information. If you do not have the correct placement information the student may be placed in the wrong program, causing a delay in his or her educational success.


Required by the State of California to determine languages spoken by students for placement in special courses and for school personnel to better communicate with non-English speaking parents.


This document is kept in the student’s file as proof of up-to-date immunizations required by the State of California. It is verified and signed by the school nurse after she confirms immunization dates. California law states that any student entering a California school from another country or for the first time from another state must have a Varicella (Chickenpox) vaccination. If you are enrolling from another state but have previously attended a California school or have had the chickenpox, you do not need to get the vaccination. However, you must provide us with the date (month and year) your student had the chickenpox.


This half sheet is kept in the nurse’s files. Please record illnesses and medications. Please complete the Health History portion even if you cannot remember the date of the student’s illness, accidents, etc.; put the student’s age (approximate) in the comment section if you do not have a date. This card is also used by the nurse to record vision, hearing, and scoliosis screening results.


This is kept on file in the front office. It is used for emergencies and to update our student computer information. Please make sure we have a card on file with updated information at all times. List names of all children in the household. IT IS VERY IMPORTANT THAT YOU HAVE AN EMERGENCY CONTACT LISTED, AS WELL AS ANY HEALTH PROBLEMS, MEDICATIONS, AND NAMES OF THOSE ALLOWED TO PICK UP YOUR STUDENT.



This is used to request school records from a previous school. Only one request per school is needed if more than one child attended the same school. You do not need to know the address of the previous school. Make sure this form has a parent signature and student’s birthdate.


This is required by the school district anytime a student resides with someone other than a parent or legal guardian. This document releases custody to a temporary guardian for school purposes only. Please inform us of this situation. If the student will be residing with someone other than their legal guardian, a notarized letter or legal custody papers must be provided by the parent/guardian and a completed Caregiver Form from our District is also required upon enrollment.


The student is to make their choices for academic and elective classes on this form. Mark 12 classes to cover both semesters. Mark the first elective choice and write in 3 alternates on the lines at the bottom of this form. The elective the student will be placed in depends on availability.


If your student requires medication during school hours we must have a medication form signed by your student’s physician only on file. If your child is asthmatic and needs to carry an inhaler we must have a medical permission form which allows them to carry the inhaler. All medication forms will be checked by and discussed with the student and parent by the school nurse.


All new students are required to go through the Student Activities office to obtain a student ID and/or purchase an ASB card. All monetary transactions are done through Mrs. Lawson in Student Activities located by the library. Call 367-9591 ext. 226 for questions and information.


All attendance is handled in the Attendance office located in the main office. If your student is absent or will be absent please contact the attendance clerk at 367-9591 ext. 224 or send a note with your student. The district enforces a strict attendance policy, which allows no more than 6 unexcused absences per semester. If the student attains 7 or more unexcused absences in any period they will not receive credit for that class. It is very important to clear any absences as soon as possible to ensure that your child gets full credit. Unexcused absences may also be cleared by the student’s attendance at Saturday school, which is offered twice a month.


The Library is located directly behind the main office. All items checked out through the school library are the responsibility of the student and must be checked in after each semester. All books damaged or lost must be paid for before the student can graduate or receive a diploma. Students checking out of school must return or pay for all books or a hold will be placed on their records. Call 367-0736 to contact the Librarian.


Sports physicals are required for all students participating in a school sponsored sport. Forms are available from the front office or the athletic director. Physicals are good for one year.


Please inform us if your student has been expelled from any other school. If your student has not been officially released from that expulsion they must meet with our district office attendance and expulsion coordinator before they can be enrolled with us. All expulsion and suspension information must be reported to our Assistant Principal.


All completed forms and required documents for registration should be given to the counseling office secretary when enrolling. She will make all necessary copies, check for complete information, provide bus information, and enter student information into the computer. The parent and student will then meet with their student’s counselor to discuss and prepare a schedule of classes best suited for your student. If your student has any problems or special needs, please let the secretary or counselor know immediately.

Please call the front office at 367-9591 anytime between the hours of 6:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. to speak with the principal, assistant principal, attendance clerk, ASB clerk, or to leave a message for a teacher.

Or call the counseling office to speak with a counselor or the registrar at 367-9594 anytime between the hours of 6:45 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.

Thank you

© 2021. Morongo Unified School District. All Rights Reserved.