header logo
ViewMorongo USD

Kindergarten FAQ

How old should my child be for Kindergarten?

Any child who will be five (5) years of age on or before September 1 is eligible to enroll for Kindergarten at their designated home school.  Use the School Locator to find your neighborhood school.


What documentation do I need to register my Kindergartener? 

Once you've completed the online enrollment process, you will need to provide the following documentation to your school office before your student's first day of school:

  • Immunization record
  • Birth certificate
  • Proof of address

Additionally, you will be sent forms to be filled out by your student's doctor and dentist before they begin 1st grade.

How do I know which school my child will attend?

If you are uncertain about which elementary school is your neighborhood school, you can check any address using our School Locator.


What shots does my Kindergartener need to start school?

The following immunization are now required by California state law for entrance to kindergarten:

  • Diphtheria, Pertussis and Tetanus (DPT) - Five (5) doses
  • Polio - Four (4) doses
  • Measles, Mumps and Rubella (MMR) - Two (2) doses
  • Hepatitis B - Three (3) doses
  • Varicella (Chicken Pox) - One (1) dose

Okay, I have all the required documentation for my kindergarten student.  Now what?

You can Enroll Now! 

© 2021 Morongo Unified School District School CMS Created by eSchoolView

760-367-9191 Ext 4339 Phone | 760-361-7897 Fax
View text-based website