Required Documents

When submitting your application, please include the following documents. 
  • Student’s proof of birth
    Proof of home address
    Parent/Guardian’s photo ID
    Other documents (transcript, IEP, etc.) Acceptable Proofs of Birth (submit one)

Please submit one of the following: 
  •  A certified copy of a birth certificate
     A statement by the local registrar or county recorder certifying the date of birth
     A duly attested baptism certificate
     A passport
     Court Order
     Health Office/Vital Statistics record of birth certificate date
When none of the above documents is obtainable, an affidavit of the parent/guardian can be submitted. 
  • Acceptable Proofs of Residency (submit one)
    Proof of home address must include the name and address of the parent or guardian (submit one). 
  • Utility service contract, statement or payment receipts WITH DATE VISIBLE ; from agencies such as SCE, water, cable,     or garbage within 45 days (no cell phone bills or bank statements will be accepted)
    Both automobile registration and auto insurance policy (declarations page), must be current (count as one proof)
    Homeowner’s or renter’s insurance policy, must be current
    Property tax statement, must be the current assessment year.
    Correspondence from a government agency within 45 days
    Grant deed, title of property
    Rental property contract, lease, or payment receipts within 45 days
    Section 8 agreements, must be current
    Pay stubs, within 45 days
    Voter registration, must be current

Affidavit of residency executed by the parent or legal guardian of a pupil Acceptable Types of Photo ID (submit one)
  • Photo ID is used to verify the identity of the parent/legal guardian (including educational rights holder or caregiver) and will be used for the purpose of confirming the adult and student applicant relationship (submit one). 
  • Any federal photo identification, including Veterans Identification Cards (“VICs”);
  • Any State or Non-US government-issued card, license, or document other than a driver’s license or state ID card like a consular card or electoral card;
    Driver’s licenses and state ID cards issued by any state/international government;
    Any local government-issued card, license, or document;
    Technical college identification cards;
    Any public or medical assistance benefit cards issued by any unit of government;
    Any governmental or non-governmental employer photo identification cards;
    Affidavit of legal guardian/parent affirming identity;
    Bus pass with photo;
    Credit card with photo;
    Membership card with photo and name Other Important Documentation

Other documents may be required to apply or enroll: 
  • Court Orders: Court orders regarding custody (legal or physical), educational rights, restricted contact with the student.
    High School Transcript: For students currently enrolled in a high school looking to transfer to MUSD for the current school year.
    Age, Residency, and Health Requirements
    Before applying for schools, review the age, residency, and health requirements. Age Requirements
    School Year 2021-22 California law requires that a child must be five years old on or before September 1, 2021 to be legally eligible for kindergarten and six years old on or before September 1, 2020 to be legally eligible for first grade for the 2021-22 school year.
    Students who will have their fifth birthday between September 2 and December 2, 2021 are eligible for a Transitional Kindergarten (TK) program for the 2021-22 school year. Transitional Kindergarten is the first year of a two-year kindergarten program that uses a modified kindergarten curriculum that is age and developmentally appropriate.
  • Note: If you sign and submit the enrollment application, and your child meets the age eligibility for Transitional Kindergarten (TK), your child will be enrolled in a TK program for the 2021-22 school year and will be required to apply for a kindergarten assignment for the 2022-23 school year by submitting an application available in October 2021. 

Health Requirements
  • According to the California School Immunization Law, children must have their required immunizations (shots) before they can attend school. Immunization requirements apply to all new students in MUSD.  In order to start school, the student must have at least one dose of every required vaccine and no deadline for any missing dose has passed. All students should get tuberculosis (TB) clearance (negative TB skin or blood test, negative chest x-ray, or signature of health examiner attesting to no risk factors for TB) within one year of entering MUSD or signature of health examiner attesting to no risk factors for TB.
  • Link below will assist in more details in regards to Immunizations.

You're Online. We're Online. Let's Connect!

© 2022. Morongo Unified School District. All Rights Reserved.