Dear Partners in Education,
I am pleased to welcome you to the Morongo Unified School District Educational Services Website. The Morongo Unified School District has developed a plan in order to dedicate our time, energy and resources to improving student academic achievement. The district and Educational Services Department is committed to targeting the following vision:
- All Students Achieving: Every Child, Every Class, Every Day
- Every student graduates prepared for college/career empowered to become a productive citizen in society.
- Our mission at MUSD, where students always come first, is to ensure that all students have a rigorous, high-quality education that empowers them with twenty-first century skills, enabling them to be successful in college, career, and society.
Education continues to be the key for our students to unlock the endless opportunities that await them upon their graduation. Our educators are committed to providing a rigorous and relevant curriculum to our students. We are also committed to developing students into well rounded citizens as they enter leadership positions in our communities. As we know, the foundation of our children is dependent upon teamwork between our schools and parents. We look forward to sustaining a long-term partnership that will remain in place.
MUSD has begun transitioning to Common Core State Standards in English Language Arts and Math. The Common Core State Standards provide a consistent, clear understanding of what students are expected to learn, so teachers and parents know what they need to do to help them. Some of the ways Educational Services is assisting the teachers, administrators, and parents is by:
- Training administrators and teachers about CCSS with information needed for successful implementation
- Preparing our students in keyboarding skills so they can focus more on their test taking and less on finding the right letters on the keyboard. Students can access the keyboarding program at home by going to www.learning.com
- Hosting informational presentations for parents about CCSS
- Providing time for students to use Smarter Balance Practice tests which can also be accessed at home by going to http://www.cde.ca.gov/ta/tg/sa/practicetest.asp.
Each school day is filled with the promise of new opportunities. The Morongo Unified School District continues to hold high expectations for all students and staff as we make progress toward academic goals that enable our students to become contributing members of the community. Thank you for your ongoing interest, support and input as we constantly strive to provide the highest quality education possible.
Morongo Unified is ahead of the curve with ACCES!!!!
This is the reason we do what we do!
New Accountability News From the State
Please click here to read the Accountability Letter
California Needs to Improve its Complex New School Dashboard
California School Dashboard Talking Points
Overview of the California Dashboard
California School Dashboard Mobile App
The California Department of Education recently released a new mobile app to allow parents and educators easier access to the California School Dashboard. The app provides improved access, especially for those who many not have access to a personal computer, and can be used to facilitate conversations between the community and schools to help improve student learning.
The California School Dashboard app is now available on the iOS App Store, the Google Play Store, and the Microsoft Store by searching for the term “CA Dashboard.” More information about the app and links to the app stores can be found at https://www.cde.ca.gov/re/mo/cadashboard.asp
MUSD Local Data Dashboard
Morongo USD now has a local data dashboard! This dashboard contains data and information regarding attendance, student behavior, academics, and data presented on the California School Dashboard. To begin viewing charts and graphs within these areas, use the link: bit.ly/musddatadashboard