Dear Partners in Education,
Welcome to the Morongo Unified School District's (MUSD) Instructional Services Webpage. MUSD has developed a plan to dedicate our time, energy, and resources in improving student academic achievement. The district and Instructional Services are committed to targeting the following vision:
- All Students Achieving: Every Child, Every Class, Every Day
- Every student graduates prepared for college/career empowered to become a productive citizen in society.
- Our mission at MUSD, where students always come first, is to ensure that all students have a rigorous, high-quality education that empowers them with 21st-century skills, enabling them to be successful in college, career, and society.
Education continues to be the key for our students to unlock the endless opportunities that await them upon their graduation. Our educators are committed to providing a rigorous and relevant curriculum to our students. We are also committed to developing students into well-rounded citizens as they enter leadership positions in our communities. As we know, the foundation of our children is dependent upon teamwork between our schools and parents. We look forward to sustaining a long-term partnership that will remain in place.
MUSD follows the Common Core State Standards (CCSS), which provides a consistent, clear understanding of what students are expected to learn, so teachers and parents know what they need to do to help their students. Some of the ways Instructional Services assists teachers, administrators, and parents are by:
- Training administrators and teachers about CCSS with the information needed for successful implementation
- Preparing our students in keyboarding skills so they can focus more on taking tests and less on finding the right letters on the keyboard. Students can access the keyboarding program at home by going to www.learning.com
- Hosting informational presentations for parents about CCSS
- Providing time for students to use Smarter Balance Practice tests which can also be accessed at home by going to http://www.cde.ca.gov/ta/tg/sa/practicetest.asp.
Each school day is filled with the promise of new opportunities. MUSD continues to hold high expectations for all students and staff as we make progress toward achieving academic goals that enable our students to become contributing members of the community. Thank you for your ongoing interest, support, and input as we constantly strive to provide the highest quality education possible.
Morongo USD is ahead of the curve with ACCES!
This is the reason we do what we do!
California School Dashboard
The California Department of Education (CDE) released a new mobile app to allow parents and educators easier access to the California School Dashboard. The app provides improved access, especially for those who may not have access to a personal computer, and can be used to facilitate conversations between the community and schools to help improve student learning.
The California School Dashboard app is now available on the iOS App Store, the Google Play Store, and the Microsoft Store by searching for the term “CA Dashboard.” More information about the app and links to the app stores can be found at https://www.cde.ca.gov/re/mo/cadashboard.asp
MUSD Local Data Dashboard
MUSD now has a local data dashboard! This dashboard contains data and information regarding attendance, student behavior, academics, and data presented on the California School Dashboard. To begin viewing charts and graphs within these areas, use the link: bit.ly/musddatadashboard
2023-24 School Year (SY) Cut-off Dates
- Transitional Kindergarten: To be eligible, your child must turn 5 years old between September 2 and April 2
- Kindergarten: To be eligible, your child must turn 5 years old on or before September 1
Transitional Kindergarten Waiver