SCHOOL SITE COUNCIL (SSC)
Twentynine Palms Junior High School shares the responsibility with parents and students of planning, reviewing, and improving Title I programs on our site. TPJHS is required to provide timely notification of Title I programs to parents and students as well as inform parents of their right to be actively involved in the education of their children. Title 1 Information will be communicated at Back to School Night. Information on how to participate in School Site Council is also provided in the Orientation Packet on the sheet titled Parent Involvement 2021-2022.
School Site Council Meetings Dates: 2022-2023
Our School Site Council meets the third Tuesday of each month with some adjustments for holidays. Meetings are open to the public and begin at 2:15 PM in the TPJHS Library. Please join us.
October 18, 2022
November 15, 2022
January 17, 2023
February 21, 2023
March 21, 2023
May 16, 2023
California Education Code § 52853.
A.) The school site council shall develop a school plan which shall include all of the following:
- Curricula, instructional strategies and materials responsive to the individual needs and learning styles of each pupil.
- Instructional and auxiliary services to meet the special needs of non-English-speaking or limited-English-speaking pupils, including instruction in a language these pupils understand; educationally disadvantaged pupils; gifted and talented pupils; and pupils with exceptional needs.
- A staff development program for teachers, other school personnel, paraprofessionals, and volunteers, including those participating in special programs. Staff development programs may include the use of program guidelines that have been developed by the superintendent for specific learning disabilities, including dyslexia, and other related disorders. The strategies included in the guidelines and instructional materials that focus on successful approaches for working with pupils who have been prenatally substance exposed, as well as other at-risk pupils, may also be provided to teachers.
- Ongoing evaluation of the educational program of the school.
- Other activities and objectives as established by the council.
- The proposed expenditures of funds available to the school through the programs described in Section 52851. For purposes of this subdivision, proposed expenditures of funds available to the school through the programs described in Section 52851 shall include, but not be limited to, salaries and staff benefits for persons providing services for those programs.
- The proposed expenditure of funds available to the school through the federal Improving America's Schools Act of 1994 (IASA) (20 U.S.C. Sec. 6301 et seq.) and its amendments. If the school operates a state-approved school wide program pursuant to Section 6314 of Title 20 of the United States Code in a manner consistent with the expenditure of funds available to the school pursuant to Section 52851, employees of the school wide program may be deemed funded by a single cost objective.
B.) The school site council shall annually review the school plan, establish a new budget, and if necessary, make other modifications in the plan to reflect changing needs and priorities.
The School-Parent Compact and Parent Involvement Policy
Twentynine Palms Junior High School is currently in the process of revising the School-Parent Compact and the Parent Involvement Policy. Please feel free to give us feedback on the current documents and areas of needed revision. You can link to those documents in the locker to the left. Email your comments, concerns, questions or revisions to the following link: [email protected]